Keep It Together – Loose Leaf Paper
We like to get down with our rad office supplies. Any chance we can, we’re ready to play, thinking of ways to repurpose our goods. When I spied the loose-leaf paper paper in Marrakech, I instantly started dreamin’ up ways to keep the sheets together. Plus, the OCD in me couldn’t help think that we’d be short-changing RAHstrs if we sent out a stash of paper with nothing to hold them tight!
Materials in this DIY (included with every STMT X Morocco Kit!) :: self-adhesive file fastener, rubber band, paper clip, chipboard, and pack of loose leaf paper.
1. Use a pencil to mark the spot – fastener should sit ⅛" from the left margin and the tip should be 1 ⅜" down from the top edge. Remove plastic backing and apply fastener. Gently bend up the tips.
2. Remove cover from stack of paper. Place paper onto turned up tips, gently inserting them through the punched holes. Press both tips down. The letterpress cover is way too cool to toss or file away. We framed ours!
4. Hook the rubber band through one end of paper clip.
5. Loop the rubber band through the hole punched in the student ID card. Paper clip should be hanging inside the fold.
6. Place the student ID card on the right edge of the stack of paper, the top half should rest on top of the stack and the bottom behind the chipboard. Hold the student ID card in place with your right hand and pull the rubber band around the stack of paper with your left hand.
BOOM! A rad cover that will keep your pages together!